第Ⅰ卷 (选择题 共三大题 共50分)
1. Miss Chen is our new English teacher. She _______ our school for only half a year.
A. has come to B. had come to C. has been in D. had been in
2. --- He was _______ tired _______ he fell asleep as soon as he lay down.
--- Oh, we can go out and let him have a good rest.
A. too; to B. so; that C. enough; to D. such; that
3. We’ve got two TV sets, but works well.
A. an y B. both C. either D. neither
4. The doctor asked my father to _______ smoking to keep healthy.
A. open up B. give up C. put up D. make up
5. --- I like fast food.
A. So does Mary B. So Mary does
C. Mary does so D. Mary so does
6. --- Could you tell me _______ yesterday?
--- Because the traffic was heavy.
A. why did yo u come late B. why you come late
C. why do you come la te D. why you came late
7. They don’t know if it _______ tomorrow. If it _______, they won’t go to the park.
A. will rain; rains B. will rain; will rain
C. rains; will rain D. rains; rains
8. _______ children there are in a family, _______ their life will be.
A. The less; the better B. The fewer ; the better
C. Fewer; richer D. More; poorer
9. Oh, Danny. It’s raining outside. You’d better your raincoat.
A. put on B. put upC. dress D. to wear
10. ---What will you do _______ Christmas Eve?
--- We’ll have _______ unusual party.
A. on; an B. on; a C. in; the D. in; a
11. ---Mary’s hair is very beautiful.
--- Yes. It’s much _______ than her _______.
A. more beautiful; sister B. beautiful; sister
C. beautiful; sister’s D. more beautiful; sister’s
12. We have worked fo r three hours. Now let’s stop a rest.
A. had B. have C. to have D. having
13. ---Thank you for giving me ________ I wanted.
--- You are welcome.
A. the information B. an information
C. news D. a news
14. What ________ fine weather we have these days!
A. a B. the C. / D. an
15. _______ it takes _______ to play computer games.
A. Sometime; sometime B. Sometimes; some time
C. Sometimes; sometime D. Sometimes; some times
Do you want to be a TV news reporter? People often ask me 16 I love my job. Well, it’s very 17 . I’m the first to know about important news stories. I travel around the world and I talk to people. I 18 what is happening in different places. I talk to some important and famous people. I’ve talked to people in the government, 19 famous sportsmen and sportswomen and film stars.I ask people to tell me about their lives. I want to know how they 20 .
A lot of people want to work in TV news, so you have to be energetic and creative. You have to show that you can do it. You must learn how to 21 a video camera, to write reports, and to speak to the camera. What’s the best 22 to learn? Your school or college TV station is a good place to start, 23 you have to get a job!
Most people start 24 an unpaid job, so they can learn. The best place to learn is at a small station. There aren’t many people, and as a result, you get better 25 . I had an unpaid job at a small station, and one night, when everyone else was ill, I read the news on air. I did well, and as a result, I got my first paid job!
16. A. how B. why C. when D. what
17. A. angry B. exciting C. tiring D. boring
18. A . try out B. come out C. work out D. find out
19. A. as well as B. in order to C. as soon as D. as good as
20. A. touch B. sound C. look D. feel
21. A. teach B. learn C. use D. make
22. A. place B. way C. job D. subject
23. A. but B. so C. although D. might
24. A. without B. with C. in D. at
25. A. expensive B. excise C. adventure D. exp erience
When you are learning English, listening, speaking and writing are important, but reading can al so be very helpful. When you read, you can not only learn some new words, but also learn how to use these English words. When you read, it gives you a good example for writing.