1. According to a recent survey， four million people die eachyear from diseases linked to smoking.
2. The latest surveys show that quite a few children haveunpleasant associations with homework.
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet.
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
5. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete withgraduation.
6. When it comes to education， the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study.
7. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person's physical fitness.
8. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great effortsshould be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of internationaltourism.
9. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on constructionof city. However， this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents， whocomplain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. Many city residents complain that it is so few buses in their city that they have to spend muchmore time waiting for a bus， which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
Directions: For this part you are allowed 30minutes to write a composition on the topicInternet. You should write at least 120 words andbase your composition on the outline below:
【参考范文】 In recent years, people are developing aninseparable relationship with Internet. As is known toall, it is convenient for us to click the mouse whensurfing on line, either to entertain ourselves or to meet the work’s needs. On the one hand, no one denies that Internet is currently one of the most useful media inour daily life. As a college student, I get on line every day to exchange information through e-mails with my net friends. But on the other hand, a good many people admit that they are toomuch addicted to Internet to maintain a regular and wholesome lifestyle.
Thus, it is necessary for us to use Internet in a reasonable way and restrain fromoverindulgence. After all，Internet is invented to enrich our life, and to improve the efficiencyof our work rather than shackle us with a chain.