1. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near.
2. A common danger causes common action.
3. A contented mind is a continual/perpetual feast.
4. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit.
5. A guest should suit the convenience of the host.
6. A letter from home is a priceless treasure.
7. All rivers run into the sea.
8. All time is no time when it is past.
9. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
10. As heroes think, so thought Bruce.
11. A young idler, an old beggar.
12. Behind the mountains there are people to be found.
13. Bad luck often brings good luck.
14. Bread is the stall of life.
15. Business is business.
16. Clumsy birds have to start flying early.
17. Courtesy costs nothing.
18. Custom makes all things easy.
19. Desire has no rest.
20. Difficult the first time, easy the second.
21. Do not change horses in mid-stream.
22. Do not have too many irons in the fire.
23. Do not pull all your eggs in one basket.
24. Do not teach fish to swim.
25. East or west, home is the best.
26. Experience is the best teacher.
27. Fact is stranger than fiction.
28. Faith can move mountains.
29. First impressions are half the battle.
30. Give as good as one gets.
31. Give everyone his due.
32. Good wine needs no bush.
33. Haste makes waste.
34. He that promises too much means nothing.
35. He who has an art has everywhere a part.
36. He would climb the ladder must begin at the bottom.
37. Home is where the heart is.
38. If you are not inside a house, you do not know about its leaking.
39. In peace prepare for war.
40. It is never too late to mend.
41. It is six of one and half a dozen of the other.
42. Just has long arms.
43. Keep something for a rainy day.
44. Life is a span.
45. Man proposes, God disposes.
46. Meet plot with plot.
47. Merry meet, merry part.
48. Mind acts upon mind.
49. Never hit a man when he is down.
50. Never judge by appearances.
51. No fire without smoke.
52. Nurture passes nature.
53. One is never too old to learn.
54. One swallow does not make a summer.
55. One who has seen the ocean thinks nothing of mere rivers.
56. Out of sight, out of mind.
57. Practice makes perfect.
58. Poverty is stranger to industry.
59. Rome was not built in a day.
60. Sense comes with age.
61. So many men, so many minds.
62. Something is learned every time a book is opened.
63. Strike while the iron is hot.
64. The car will find its way round the hill when it gets there.
65. The heart is seen in wine.
66. The older, the wiser.
67. The worse luck now, the better another time.
68. Thoughts are free from toll.
69. Time tries all things.
70. Use legs and have legs.
71. Virtue never grows old.
72. Walls have ears.
73. What is done cannot be undone.
74. Wine in, truth out.
75. You are only young once.
76. You cannot burn the candle at both ends.
77. You cannot have your cake and eat it.
78. You never know till you have tried.
79. Youth will/must be served.
80. Zeal without knowledge is a runaway horse.