1. 随着经济的繁荣 with the booming of the economy
2. 随着人民生活水平的显著提高 with the remarkable improvement of people's living standard
3. 先进的科学技术 advanced science and technology
4. 为我们日常生活增添了情趣 add much spice / flavor to our daily life
5. 人们普遍认为 It is commonly believed that…
6. 我同意前者(后者)观点 I give my vote to the former / latter opinion.
7. 引起了广泛的公众关注 Sth. has aroused wide public concern. / Sth has drawn great public attention.
8. 不可否认 It is undeniable that…
9. 热烈的讨论/ 争论 a heated discussion / debate
10. 有争议性的.问题 a controversial issue
11. 就我而言/ 就个人而言 As far as I am concerned, / Personally,
12. 有充分的理由支持 be supported by sound reasons
13. 双方的论点 argument on both sides
14. 发挥日益重要作用 play an increasingly important role in…
15. 对…必不可少 be indispensable to …
16. 正如谚语所说 As the proverb goes:
17. 对…产生有利/不利的影响 exert positive / negative effects on…
18. 利远远大于弊 The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
19. 导致，引起 lead to / give rise to / contribute to / result in
20. 复杂的社会现象 a complicated social phenomenon
21. 责任感 / 成就感 sense of responsibility / achievement
22. 竞争与合作精神 sense of competition and cooperation
23. 开阔眼界 widen one's horizon / broaden one's vision
24. 学习知识和技能 acquire knowledge and skills
25. 经济/心理负担 financial burden / psychological burden
Civilized behavior: learning to act with a proper sense of honor and shame
A man will not render good services to his country if he can do nothing civilized ,for in proportion as he respect himself while he respects his country. The civilized behavior is the birthplace of true patriotism. It is the secret of social welfare and national greatness .It’s the basis and origin of civilization.
Civilized behavior is not a matter of boast or the quality of imagination; it’s the matter of down –to- earth principle. It’s the freshness of the deep springs of life. Civilized behavior means a temperamental predominance of responsibility over superficiality, of the appetite for initiation over the love of conformity.
We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents. We do not choose our historical epoch, the country of our birth or the immediate circumstances of our upbringing. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time or conditions of our death. But within all this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we shall live, how we shall behave, honorably or dishonorably, dowdy indifference or dynamically .We decide what is honored and what is shame in life. We decide that what makes us significant is either what we do, or what we refused to do. But no matter how indifferent the universe may be to our choices and behaviors, these choices and behaviors are ours to make. We choose. We behave. And as we choose and behave, so are our personality formed. In the end, forming our own personality is what behavior is about.
As a president , civilized behavior is what he relies on to get respect from his fellow man and what he relies on to inspire his peoples facing the hardships.
As an actor, civilized behavior is the way he treats his fans and audience so he could be well-accepted by people.
As a teacher, civilized behavior is to be fair, be responsible, be gracious and be mother like. .
As parents, civilized behavior is indispensable to illustrate their teaching for the children and to be accepted by them.
As a student, I have no special desire to tell you those shameful behaviors in detail .But frankly I must say we really need to take some measures to discipline ourselves .We can work on what we are facing everyday. When we walk along the park in campus, we should take good care of not stepping on the green grass around us, don’t we? After finishing our dinner in the cafeteria, It’s better for us to collect our own plates to the washing pot, isn’t it? What is hardly can be taken serious notice is that, when others are doing their business, are we making bothersome sounds?
We Chinese have a saying—if a man plants melons, he will reap melons; if he sows beans, he will reap beans. In the end, we are all the sum total of our actions.
So let civilized behavior engulf the whole campus and embody in every student action.
Let civilized behavior forever serve as a light beacon for all of us in the long journey of life.