英语零起点 百分网手机站

爱情的地道习语(2)

时间:2017-06-14 20:19:36 英语零起点 我要投稿

关于爱情的地道习语

  在公众场合亲吻拥抱,卿卿我我。

  I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.

  我不想跟詹妮和大卫一起出去。他两总是卿卿我我,真让人受不了。

  7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY

  7.为某人所倾倒

  finding somebody extremely attractive

  认为某人格外耀眼

  Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.

  纳丁总是为新学徒所吸引。要是她约他出去,我一点也会不惊讶。

  8. PUPPY LOVE

  8.初恋

  short-term adolescent love

  少男少女之间的`短暂爱情

  My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?

  -Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.

  我儿子虽然才十二岁,但已经开始恋爱了。会不会太早了?

  -别担心,初恋是短暂的。

  9. DOUBLE DATE

  9.四人约会

  two couples going out together on a date

  两对恋人一起约会

  I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.

  你能和汤姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。现在我们可以一起约会了。

  10. ON THE ROCKS

  10.濒于破裂

  if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks

  如果关系中出现问题,可以用濒于破裂形容

  I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.

  我觉得他们很难修成正果。毕竟二人之间的关系趋于破裂。

  11. LOVE RAT

  11.负心汉

  somebody who cheats on his/her partner

  某人有外遇

  Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.

  不要妄想约珍出来。想想要怎么面对自己的妻子?别做负心汉。

  12. POP THE QUESTION

  12.求婚

  ask somebody to marry you

  向某人求婚

  So, did Ben pop the question last night?

  -No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.

  那么,班向你求婚了么?

  -没有,只是约我出去吃饭。