英语听力 百分网手机站

英语听力练习文摘《一切皆有可能》

时间:2020-08-18 19:19:30 英语听力 我要投稿

英语听力练习文摘《一切皆有可能》

  英语听力的练习要持之以恒,坚持每天的练习。下面,小编为大家送上一篇今日的英语听力练习文摘,希望对大家有用。

英语听力练习文摘《一切皆有可能》

  In 2007, one in eight Americans was born abroad.

  截至2007年 八分之一的美国人是在国外出生的

  My mother's Cuban and my dad is Australian,

  我母亲是古巴人 我爸爸是澳大利亚人

  my mother is black, my father's white.

  我母亲是黑人 我父亲是白人

  But America is this melting pot.

  但美国就是这样一个大熔炉

  You know, I'm a black latino with freckles.

  我是个会长雀斑的拉丁美洲黑人

  And that's kind of America.

  这就是美国

  We're this melting pot and we always have been.

  我们就是这个大熔炉 我们一直都是

  We've been the place that people are desperate to get to

  人们不顾一切想要来到这里

  because they know once there,

  因为他们知道 一旦来到了这里

  their story can be written.

  他们就能书写自己的传奇

  It can be anything.

  一切皆有可能

  Each society in the past created tremendous innovations in civilizations.

  每一个社会在过去的文明发展中都进行了大量的创新

  All of a sudden we have them all here.

  忽然之间 这些创新我们一应俱全

  It's not just one philosophy.

  不是一种价值体系

  It's many, many philosophies which makes for a very creative country.

  而是很多很多种价值体系造就了这个充满创造力的国家

  In the past 20 years,

  在过去的20年间

  two-thirds of new immigrants have come from Latin America and Asia.

  三分之二的新移民来自拉丁美洲和亚洲

  I think this theory that you can be anything that you want in America

  我觉得这种在美国一切皆有可能的理论

  is not a theory. It's a truth.

  不是一种理论 而是事实

  It's a basic truth that plays itself out in every immigrant story.

  这是一个在每个移民的经历里都体现得淋漓尽致的基本事实

  It's really what America has always been about.

  美国的故事真的一直都是这样

  Coming from someplace else.

  来自异国他乡

  Coming to a place where you can rise up with your own sweat,

  来到一个可以靠你的汗水和努力

  and your own hard work and achieve something better than what you might have had elsewhere.

  出人头地的地方 取得在其他地方不可能取得的成就

  So for me the immigration experiment in America will never end because really that's what defines us as a nation.

  所以对我来说 美国的移民尝试永远不会结束 因为这才是我们国家的独特之处

  I think Americans are a collection of incredible souls and beings

  我觉得美国人就是一群神奇的.人

  who believe we are all in this together.

  相信我们都是休戚相关的

  This is a country where you can take chances.

  这是一个充满机遇的国家

  You're allowed to try anything to achieve success

  你能够竭尽全力取得成功

  and failure is always there.

  但失败总是难免的

  and in order to try things and have failure there

  为了尝试新事物 学会面对失败

  you have to be brave.

  你必须变得勇敢

  There's a large can-do attitude in the United States.

  美国有着一种人定胜天的精神

  I think America's a land of opportunity again because,there were no set rules.

  我认为美国是一片机会之地的另一个原因是这里没有陈规教条

  We sort of invented it as we went along.

  我们差不多是一边前进一边制定规则

  It's this belief that wherever you are in every moment of history

  有这样一种信念 无论你身处何时

  whatever your circumstances

  身处何地

  that radical progress is possible.

  都有可能实现突破性的进展