1. What does the man want to drink?
A. Coffee. B. Tea. C. Juice.
2. When can they leave that afternoon according to the woman?
A. Before 5:00. B. After 5:00. C. At 5:00.
3. Where are the two speakers most probably talking?
A. In a cotton field. B. On a farm. C. On a train.
4. How many children does the woman have?
A. Four. B. Three. C. Five.
5. How did the woman read the book?
A. She chose some chapters to read.
B. She read it slowly.
C. She went over the book chapter by chapter.
6. What would the woman do during her vacation if she had plenty of money?
A. Enjoy the fresh air at the seaside.
B. Go to visit the Great Wall.
C. Travel around the world.
7. Where would the man like to go for his vacation?
A. Stonehenge. B. The Great Wall. C. The Statue of Liberty.
8. Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a shop. B. In a post office. C. In a bank.
9. What does the man plan to do?
A. Post something. B. Send an e-mail. C. Buy a suit.
10. How much does the man pay at last?
A. $ 3.08. B. $ 18.25. C. $ 11.12.
11. What’s the woman doing?
A. Going to school. B. Attending a class. C. Asking for information.
12. Which bus will the woman take?
A. The first one. B. The second one. C. The last one.
13. What’s the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Strangers. B. A Couple. C. Friends.
14. On what day does this conversation take place?
A. Tuesday. B. Thursday. C. Saturday.
15. What does the man want to do?
A. Update his file. B. Pay with a check. C. Have a check-up.
16. What does the woman change in the man's file?
A. The name. B. The address. C. The phone number.
17. What is the average temperature of Haikou annually?
A. It is 17.2°C. B. It is 29°C. C. It is 23.8°C.
18. When is the rainy season in Haikou?
A. From April to October. B. From May to October. C. From May to August.
19. How is the climate in Haikou?
A. It is poor in rain. B. It is very windy. C. It is rich in sunlight.
20. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Haikou is the second largest island in China.
B. There is a clear change in different seasons.
C. The city’s name means “Mouth of the River”.
It is suggested that you live ______ good and honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll get to enjoy it ______ second time.
A. a; the B. a; / C. a; a D. /; the
Smile when ______ the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
A. taking up B. putting up C. picking up D. bringing up
23. Pay as much attention to the things that are working positively in your life as you do to ______ giving you trouble.
A. these B. ones C. what D. those
24. Some experts argue that the reason why the price of houses can’t drop is that the supply is not ______ to the demand.
A. adequate B. sensitive C. entire D. accessible
25. ---Mom, where is my lunch pack?
---Just where it _______.
A. has been B. had been C. was D. be
26. The golden rule is not to waste time waiting for opportunity. Begin, ______ opportunity will find you.
A. and B. when C. so D. because
27. As for friendship, remember that no time is ever wasted ___ makes two people better friends.
A. what B. that C. when D. as
28. More and more people have come to realize that if we had taken effective measures much earlier, the air quality ______ so seriously now.
A. is not polluted B. would not be polluted
C. had not been polluted D. would not have been polluted
29. ---What is your strongest memory of the bombing attack?
---If I ______ rightly, we were about to approach the finish line when a big bang struck my ears.
A. will remember B. had remembered C. remember D. remembered
30. ______ herself in looking after the newly-born twins, she had to sacrifice her career to stay with her kids.
A. Occupied B. Being occupied C. Having been occupied D. Occupying
31. Life is more than merely trying to achieve the standards of society but trying to be a good person ______ one’s own standards.
A. at B. in C. on D. by
32. Delta, the American airline, is sometimes jokingly explained “Don’t expect your luggage to arrive” because it ______ be very slow.
A. should B. must C. can D. will
33. Don’t ______ life’s small joys while searching for the big ones.
A. contradict B. overlook C. obtain D. confirm
34. Knowledgeable as he is, the expert was unwilling to offer advice to ______ he thought was not qualified.
A. whoever B. who C. whom D. which
35. ---How about the debate held in your class?
A. Why ask? B. Sounds great!
C. It was really hot! D. I am really looking forward to it.