1. What does Sandy want to eat for breakfast today?
A. B. C.
2. What does Daniel plan to buy this afternoon?
A. B. C.
3. When is Tom’s birthday?
A. B. C.
4. What is the girl going to wear for tonight’s party?
A. B. C.
5. How much is the Teddy bear now?
A. ￥100. B. ￥50. C. ￥150.
6. When is Mother’s Day?
A. On the second Sunday of May. B. On the second Saturday of May.
C. Always on May 12th.
7. Who gets up earliest(最早) on Mother’s Day?
A. Mother. B. Father. C. The writer.
8. What does the writer do on Mother’s Day?
A. He cooks breakfast for his mother. B. He does some cleaning for his mother.
C. He wakes his mother up.
9. What present does the writer give his mother?
A. A card with good wishes. B. A nice cooking book.
C. A large bucket of flowers.
10. How does the writer’s mother feel on that day?
A. Funny. B. Happy. C. Sad.
11. — Sandy, _______ apple on the table is for you. Have it before you go out.
—Thanks, Mum. _____ apple a day keeps the doctor away.
A. the; An B. an; An C. an; The D. the; The
12. Mary’s aunt is trying to keep slim. It’s not good for her to have ________ too often.
A. fruit B. ice cream C. vegetables D. water
13. —May I have ________ fruit before supper?
—Sorry. There isn’t _______ fruit at home now.
A. some; some B. any; any C. some; any D. any; some
14. I_______ watch Happy Goat and Big Big Wolf because I think it’s so boring.
A. often B. always C. usually D. seldom
15. — I sometimes don’t have enough time ______ with my parents.
—You will if you spend more time ______ with them at home.
A. to chat; to stay B. to chat; staying
C. chatting; to stay D. chatting; staying
16. — ________ do you visit your grandparents?
— Three or four times a year. Usually at Mid-Autumn festival and Spring Festival.
A. How long B. How often C. How much D. How many
17. —The price of an iphone 4s will be more than 5000 yuan.
— Yes. Good things always ________ much.
A. pay B. spend C. take D. cost
18. Do your homework and you can play games.
A. then; first B. first; then C. next; afterwords D. next; finally
19. I like the trainers very much. Can I ?
A. try it on B. try on it
C. try them on D. try on them
20. — Oh, dear! I don’t take any money with me. I can’t buy the CD.
— _________. I have enough. You can borrow some from me.
A. I am sorry B. You are welcome
C. Never mind D. Of course not
Do you like shopping on the Internet? I like to buy books online(在线的.). Usually, the price isn’t very 21 . You don’t have to pay a lot. When I want to know something about a book, I write an e-mail to the online shop for 22 . I am shy. It is difficult for me to talk to the shopkeepers in real(真实的) shops.
Sometimes online shops have pictures of the book. They can show you some pages of the book, too. I think this is very 23 . I don’t like to read books in shops because the shopkeepers may come and talk to me. I don’t know 24 to say to them.
I can shop at midnight 25 I want to. Real shops close at nine o’clock in the evening. Some people may worry that the postman may lose or damage(损坏) the things they 26 from online shops, but I don’t worry about that. I think it is hard to damage a book and most of the postmen are very careful.
Some people say that shopping in real shops is good because you can go with your friends and 27 many different things. They call this window shopping. I don’t have any friends and I don’t like to talk too much—it makes me 28 .
I am 29 my grandmother how to shop online. She cannot walk very far so it will make shopping easy for her if she shops online. My brother 30 wants to learn how to do it. He is very busy most of the time. When he has a little free time, he can shop online.
21. A. expensive B. cheap C. high D. much
22. A. a model B. an album C. a question D. an answer
23. A. careful B. helpful C. colourful D. beautiful
24. A. what B. how C. where D. why
25. A. and B. but C. if D. when
26. A. have B. borrow C. buy D. sell
27. A. look after B. look like C. look for D. look at
28. A. tired B. sad C. happy D. smart
29. A. asking B. studying C. teaching D. giving
30. A. again B. also C. too D. never
There are 12,000 pictures on show here. You can see the whole Chinese history!
Place: City Museum
Time: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Films at the Museum
There are two European(欧洲的) films on Saturday afternoon at the Museum Theatre. See Broken Window at 2:30. The Workers is at 4:45. For more information, call 84987898.
Are you tired of eating the same food every day? Come to Central Park on Saturday and enjoy food from all over the world. Delicious and not expensive. Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Do You Want to Hear “The Zoo”?
“The Zoo”, a popular rock group from Australia, will give their first US concert(音乐会) this Saturday night, at 8 at Rose Hall, City College.
The Music Shop’s Sale
Sale on every record and tape in the shop, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Disco, Folk. Sale starts on Tuesday and ends on Thursday.
31. According to the ads(广告)，what can you do on Saturday afternoon if you have time?
A. I can enjoy the delicious food in Central Park.
B. I can see two films and buy some tapes.
C. I can go to the City College to watch animals.
D. I can see a picture show and listen to music.
32. Where can you enjoy a concert after reading the ads above?
A. In the Museum Theatre. B. In the City College.
C. In the City Museum. D. In the Music Shop.
33. What is “The Zoo” in the ads?
A. It’s a zoo with many animals in it. B. It’s the first US concert.
C. It gives a concert on Sunday night. D. It’s an Australian music group.
34. If Lucy would like to buy some cheap records, she cannot go to the Music Shop on _______.
A. Tuesday B. Wednesday C. Thursday D. Saturday
35. Which of the followings is True according to the ads?
A. People can see the whole European history in the City Museum.
B. People can call 84987898 to find more information about food and music.
C. People can eat different kinds of food in Central Park.
D. People can go to the zoo this Saturday night.
Raisins(葡萄干) in ice cream, in chocolate, and in
cookies…Your favourite snacks cannot be without raisins!
But do you know how people get raisins from full and juicy
grapes? Dry(晒干) them in the sun? Well, that may be one way.
But people from Xinjiang have another way.
People there build many “blockhouses(碉堡)” out of earth(地面) near a grape garden. It is in these blockhouses that the best raisins are made.
People build many “blockhouses” on the hillside. The blockhouses are usually three metres tall and are as big as the size of a classroom.
They are quite different from the houses we live in. They have lots of holes in the wall. Inside there are many wooden shelves.
After picking the grapes, people put them on the shelves. Because of the hot weather, hot dry wind gets through the holes in the wall and dries the grapes up. 30 to 45 days later, the fruit will turn into soft, sweet raisins!
In around the year 535, people in Xinjiang started to send raisins as presents to the emperor(皇帝). This means that 1,500 years ago people began to know how to make raisins!
36. This passage is mainly about _____________.
A. how to grow grapes B. how to make raisins
C. how to build blockhouses D. how to pick grapes
37. Where do people build “blockhouses” in Xinjiang?
A. In the classroom. B. In the grape garden.
C. On the hillside. D. On wooden shelves.
38. What does the underlined word hole mean in Chinese according to the passage?
A. 树桩 B. 枝条 C. 架子 D. 洞孔
39. Why are the “blockhouses” different from the houses we live in?
A. Because they have lots of holes in the wall.
B. Because they aren’t as big as the houses we live in.
C. Because there aren’t any windows in them.
D. Because there’re lots of grapes growing in them.
40. Which of the followings is Not true?
A. People can find raisins in some ice cream, chocolate and cookies.
B. People only dry the full and juicy grapes in the sun to get the raisins.
C. The grapes need 30-45 days to turn into raisins in the blockhouses.
D. People in Xinjiang began to know how to make raisins 1,500 years ago.
Are you looking for something fun and would you like to help others in your free time? Then join us to be a volunteer(志愿者)! We’re a non-profit (非营利的) organization(组织). We have volunteer jobs of all ages. Anyone, from twelve-year-old children to people about seventy years old can become a volunteer.
You can help people in many ways. Schools need help with taking care of children while parents are working. Hospitals need volunteers to look after children while their parents are seeing a doctor. Animal lovers can help take care of those dogs and cats without homes. There is something for everyone.
“As a volunteer, I don’t want to get anything. Seeing the children’s happy faces, I’m happy, too.” said Carlos Domingo, an old woman of 62. “I often played computer games in my free time before. Now I help older people learn how to use computers,” said another volunteer at the age of 18.
If everyone helps out a little, we’ll have a better world to live in. Interested? What are you waiting for? Start volunteering now! Call us on 1-800-555-5756 or visit our website: www.activol.com.
41. When do the volunteers help others?
A. In their free time. B. At the weekend.
C. On weekdays. D. At any time.
42. Who can be a volunteer?
A. Children. B. Old women.
C. Anyone aged 12-70. D. Parents.
43. What do volunteers want to get when they help others?
A. Money. B. Computers.
C. Everything. D. Nothing.
44. Carlos Domingo does volunteer work with __________.
A. animal lovers B. children
C. her parents D. older people
45. We can read this passage ___________.
A. in a newspaper B. in a storybook
C. in a picture book D. in a textbook
46. I want to buy 2 kilos of _______(芒果). Could you please give me a discount?
47. Amy designed a dress yesterday. It was very ______(时髦的).
48. We are looking forward to ___________ (邀请) our foreign teachers to our
49. I can’t find my ______(钱包) . Maybe I leave it at home.
50. Susan, __________(选择) your favourite among these books.
51. It is not easy for us ______________(read) English newspapers because there are many new words in them.
52. There _________(be) rice and bread on Mrs. Zhao’s list. She likes them very much.
53. —May I speak to Mr. Morgan?
—Sorry. Would you please call later? He ____ (walk) his dog in his garden.
54. This weekend, I plan to buy a new badminton bat in the ________(sport) shop near my home.
55. Ten chairs aren't enough. We need two ______ (many).
56.Sandy usually spends 4 hours watching TV every week. (对划线部分提问)
__________________ Sandy _______ watching TV every week?
57.What’s the price of these hair clips?(同义句)
___________ are these hair dips?
58.There is a knife on the shelf.(改为复数)
There ______________________ on the shelf.
59.This pair of skirt matches her colourful trainers very well. (同义句)
This pair of skirt _____________________ her colourful trainers.
60.Mr. Green is waiting for the shopkeeper because he wants to know the price. (对划线部分提问)
_______________ Mr. Green ________ for the shopkeeper?
She reads English __________________________ every day.
Sandy ________ drink Coke _____________________.
It’s a good idea to _____________________ as a present.
Just a minute. Mum ______________ her new shoes.
Today we are going to show the clothes ________________.
My name is Jane. My job is to write stories and newsletters for a magazine(杂志). I love travelling and hope to visit Great Britain one day. I’d like a pen friend from London. I hope my pen friend is interested in talking about the differences(差异) between Europe and Asia. I love listening to pop music and playing football.
I am Mike. I’m a businessman and have a large company(公司) with many workers. I would like to find a pen friend who is also a businessman and lives in North America. I like using the Internet.
I am working in a university(大学). I speak English, French and Russian. My family name is Jackson but my students usually call me Sarah, my first name. I’d like a pen friend who is interested in language learning and works in Oxford University. I don’t like using computers for learning and I believe that true language learning can only happen in a classroom.
I am Peter and interested in the differences between East Europe and North America. I love riding my horse Jackie and listening to jazz. I usually get up at 7 o’clock and go to school around 7:30 in the morning. I want to find a pen friend who has the same interest as me living in Sydney.
Cindy is my first name. I am working in a travel agency(旅行社). Sometimes people call me Miss Guide as I am working. I’d like to find a pen friend who comes from Europe. I like playing the piano and listening to jazz. I am interested in history, but I don’t like talking about languages.
First name Job Likes Pen friend
Jane 66 She loves travelling, listening to pop music and playing football. She hopes her pen friend comes from London and is 67 in talking about the differences between Europe and Asia.
Mike Businessman He likes using the Internet. He hopes his pen friend is a businessman, 68 and lives in North America.
69 Teacher She likes language learning in a 70 . She hopes her pen friend works in Oxford University and 71 language learning.
Peter Student He loves riding
72 horse and listening to jazz. He hopes his pen friend comes from 73 .
Cindy 74 She likes playing the piano, listening to jazz and 75 . She hopes her pen friend is from Europe.
At the beginning of a school term, you will always find something new about your friends. Some have n 76 clothes, some have different hairstyles. But what about coming back to school and finding a friend with a new f 77 ? Some schoolchildren had plastic surgery(整形手术) during the summer holidays to m 78 themselves look better.
Jenny, a 14-year-old junior school girl in Qingdao, got double eyelids(双眼皮) and was happy with h 79 new look. “My mum said a b 80 look could help me interview for a senior school and jobs in the future.”said the girl.
Jenny is o 81 of many teenager girls who have plastic surgery to become prettier. Some of them even c 82 photos of pop stars and tell doctors they want similar(相似的) faces. 80% of teenagers wish to have double eyelids o 83 a more western nose. Doctors say teenagers need to think carefully b 84 having plastic surgery. Teenagers are too young for plastic surgery. And their bodies are s 85 growing. There are risks(冒险) and possible bad results not good for their future.
请根据表格中所给的中文提示，介绍你的一位网友。以“My online friend ________”为题写一篇短文。
生活和饮食 常吃 / 从不吃 / 很少吃……(选其一、二表述)
My online friend _______________
1. W: Does Sandy eat eggs and cakes for breakfast today?
M: No. She plans to have bread and orange.
2. W: Would you like to see a film with me this afternoon, Daniel?
M: Sorry. I want to go to an electrical shop to buy something.
3. W: Today’s September 28th.
M: Yes, yesterday was Tom’s birthday.
4. W: Dad, where is my black skirt? I want to wear it for tonight’s party.
M: Your mum washed it. How about the red dress? It looks very beautiful on you.
W: Ok. It’s nice too.
5. W: How much does the Teddy Bear cost?
M: It’s 100 yuan. But now you can buy it at 50% discount.
We all need to say thanks to our mother, because mothers do so much for us. Mother’s Day is the best time for us to show our love to mothers. It is on the second Sunday of May. This year it is on May 12th. We all want to make mothers happy that day. My mother is always the first to get up in the morning. She makes breakfast for us before we get up. But on Mother’s Day, my father gets up earlier. He goes to the kitchen and cooks nice food. And I do something for my mother, too. I quietly clean the house early in the morning. I don’t want to wake her up. I also put a card on my mother’s desk. It says Happy Mother’s Day. My father gives her a large bucket of flowers as usual. Mum will see a world full of love. She will enjoy everything.
1-5 ACCAB 6-10 ABBAB
11. A 12. B 13. C 14. D 15. B 16. B 17. D 18. B 19. C 20. C
21—25 CDBAC 26—30 CDACB
31—35 ABDDC 36—40 BCDAB 41—45 ACDBA
A) 46. mangoes/mangos 47. modern/fashionable 48. inviting 49. wallet/purse 50. choose
B) 51. to read 52. is 53. is walking 54. sports 55. more
C) 56. How long does, spend 57. How much 58. are some knives
59. goes well with 60. Why is, waiting
D) 61. for less than half an hour 62. doesn’t, for breakfast any more/any longer
63. buy Millie a pair of jeans/buy a pair of jeans for Millie
64. is paying for 65. from the 1990s
A)66. Reporter/Writer 67. interested 68.too 69. Sarah 70. classroom
71. likes/loves 72. his 73. Sydney 74. Guide 75. history
B) 76. new 77. face 78.make 79.her 80. better
81. one 82. carry 83. or 84. before 85. still )