1. There is absolutely no reason for us to believe that a brighter future for the world is an impossibility .
2. Meteorologists offer computer models leaving little doubt that this year's El Nino phenomenon has disappeared .
3. Facts prove the unjustifiability of claims that China will be unable to feed itself by the year 2020 .
4. Previous explanations of the rising divorce rate in China are simply untenable . The fact is that many marriages were simply based on convenience and wives are no longer willing to accept the abusive domineering attitudes of husbands .
5. Claim that entering the Chinese market offers foreign companies an immediate road to profits are grossly misstated and have been proven wrong time and again . The key to entering China rests with the phraseology " vast potential market " , and how long one is willing to wait for returns .
6. Parents are not wrong in enforcing good study habits , but they must not do so at the expense of stifling normal child development .
7. It is quite reasonable to assume that modern science and technology ( S&T ) will continue to advance . It is no less reasonable to believe that S&T will radically improve the way we live . However , the same reasoning cannot be applied to improving social interaction .
8. Belief in the wonders of modern medical science is quite understandable . It is also quite possible that our faith in the ability of scientists to find the key for prolonging life are well-founded . Yet , the wisdom of prolonging life remains in question when considering the already massive global population and projected future growth .
9. It is one thing to support euthanasia , but quite another to offer any justification for genocide .
10. Claiming the need for censorship is one thing , but rationally proving its redeeming values represents a quite different issue .
11. The plain truth is that people are most often self-centered .
12. There's little wonder why young people often find it difficult to find an appropriate role model . No wonder they drink , smoke , fright , carouse and otherwise engage in inappropriate social behavior .
13. It should come as no surprise to learn that many abused children become abusers later in life .
14. There is probably a great deal of truth in the assertion that unecrupulous brokers are salivating at the thought of unsophisticated investors entering the securities market .
15. There's little doubt that China has spawned a new generation of " Little Emperors " , but the truth is that the fault rests with parents who " spare the rod to spoil the child " and not with children themselves .
16. There's little justification for objections to sex education . In fact , even a minimal introduction to consequences of sexual interaction ( the bird's and bee's ) might have dramatically changed the lives of many people .
17. We can safely say that the world continues to turn and things have changed dramatically , but we can never claim the world is a safer place .
18. We can say this and we can say that , but the most important thing is not to say , but instead to do .
19. Divided we fall , united we conquer . This does not mean that conquest is the goat , but instead that unified efforts yield positive results .
20. Historically speaking , our ancestors placed great emphasis on filial piety .