1. He is very stubborn, it is impossible to argue _____________ what he doesn't want to.
A. with him about B. against him about C. him into doing D. him to do
2. Do you know the _________ of the saying I just quoted?
A. resource B. source C. course D. cause
3. -What do you think the noise was?
--It ___________ a cat.
A. may be B. might be C. could have been D. might have been
4. -Does your father smoke?
--_________, it's 2 years since he __________.
A. Yes; smoked B. No; smoked C. Yes; smokes D. No; has smoked
5. _________ many times, but he still couldn't understand it.
A. Having been told B. Having told C. He had been told D. Though he had been told
6. Our teacher entered the classroom, __________.
A. a book in hand B. book in hand C. book in his hand D. a book in hands
7. -This summer is very hot.
--Yes, but it's not __________ as hot as last summer.
A. nearly B. almost C. near D. mostly
8. When I came back, I saw him _________ at the back of the classroom.
A. sat B. seated C. seating D. seat
9. There is a real possibility that these animals could be frightened, ________ a sudden loud noise.
A. being there B. there being C. should there be D. there was
10. ________ that saw the rise of quite a number of new writers.
A. During the first half of the 18th century
B. That it was in the first half of the 18th century
C. It was in the first half of the 18th century
D. It was the first half of the 18th century
11. In the early morning all of us stood at the top of the mountain ___________ east of the city, watching __________burning sun rising.
A. /; a B. the; a C. the; the D. /; the
12. They may go swimming with us ____________ they arrive here in time.
A. provided B. because C. unless D. even if
13. When we are in a new place, we must _________ our manners and try to follow the customs of the place.
A. look out B. keep eyes out C. mind D. put up with
14. -How does our plan strike you?
--It _________. We can't think too highly of it.
A. makes no sense B. is very practical C. all depends D. is just so so
15. _________ for the terrible coal mine accident, as the public thought, the mayor of the city felt nervous and was at a loss what to do.
A. Having blamed B. He was to blame C. Being to be blamed D. Being to blame
16. Didn't _________ ever occur to you that such possibilities still existed?
A. they B. it C. that D. this
17. __________, I really believe that I'd prefer not to make any change now.
A. Considered all the possibilities
B. Taking all the possibilities into consideration
C. Taken all the possibilities into consideration
D. Giving all the possibilities
18. -Why hasn't our English teacher been invited to the English Evening being held here now?
--She __________ an important article when I found her and she _________it.
A. had written; didn't finish B. was writing; hasn't finished
C. wrote; hasn't finished D. was writing; hadn't finished
19. This book is said to be a special one, which ___________ many events not found in other history books.
A. writes B. covers D. deals D. refers
20. -I didn't take notes at yesterday's meeting because I had left my pen at home.
--You ________ mine, I _________it.
A. must have borrowed/ wasn't using B. may have borrowed/ didn't use
C. could have borrowed/ wasn't using D. should have borrowed/ hadn't used
21. The palace is heavily guarded, because inside its walls ________.
A. where sit the European leaders B. the European leaders there sit
C. sit the European leaders D. that the European leaders sit
22. My laptop computer, which no one can ____________, has been out of order for a week.
A. get gone B. have to go C. get going D. have gone
23. _________, they had no chance of winning the war.
A. As they fought bravely B. Bravely though they fought
C. Brave as they fought D. Now that they fought bravely
24. During the summer vocation we went back to the school _________ to pay a visit to our teachers though it was ___________ hot.
A. especially; in particular B. specially; especially
C. special; especial D. particularly; specially
25. -Why didn't you go to help her when she needed your help badly?
--I would have, but I ____________ as busy as a bee then.
A. would be B. had been C. was D. were
26. __________ your compositions carefully and some spelling mistakes can be avoided.
A. Having checked B. Check C. If you check D. To check
27. Which do you enjoy __________ our weekend, fishing or watching TV?
A. spending B. to spend C. being spent D. spend
28. -She looks upset.
--Yes, I'd rather I _____________ her the bad news.
A. didn't tell B. don't tell C. hadn't told D. wouldn't tell
29. -Your plan is well designed.
--Thank you. But I think it is far from _________.
A. perfect B. perfectly C. perfection D. to be perfect
30. -What did you say?
--So you _____________ to me.
A. won't listen B. didn't listen C. haven't listened D. weren't listening
31. I'd rather you ________ there next week.
A. went B. go C. should go D. had gone
32. _______ the production up by 60%, the company has had another excellent year.
A. For B. As C. Because D. With
33. _______ to the research, the scientist even forgot to have meals.
A. Devoting B. Devoted C. Having devoted D. To devote
34. You were stupid to climb up that big tree. You ________ yourself.
A. must have killed B. can have killed
C. should have killed D. might have killed
35. ---Good afternoon, Madam. ___________?
---No, can you help me please?
---Yes, Madam. What are you looking for?
--- I'd like to buy a needle.
A. Are you waiting for me B. Would you like anything else
C. Have you been waited on D. What can I do for you
36.______ has taken away my notebook?
A. Which of you B. Who of you C. Which you D. Who you
37. By the end of this term, we _______ 6,000 English words in all.
A. will learn B. will have learned C. learnt D. had learnt
38. The boy was led _______while crossing the road.
A. in the hand B. by his hand C. by hand D. by the hand
39. Can you think of some cases ___ drivers obviously knew the traffic rules but didn't obey them?
A. why B. where C. as D. which
40. I lost my way in complete darkness and, ______ matters worse, it began to rain.
A. made B. making C. to make D. having made
答案： CBDBC BABCD AACBD BBBBC CCBBC BBCAD ADBDC ABDBC
1. They hadn't been out for long __________ she felt sick in the stomach. A. as B. when C. while D. though
2. The work should be given to _____________ you think can finish it ahead of time.
A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever
3. The shop owner will get all these goods ordered ___________ to the customers today.
A. to deliver B. delivering C. deliver D. delivered
4. Can you ____________ the differences between the two pictures? A. tell B. talk C. speak D. say
5. If you keep practicing your son in football, he ___________ to be a football player.
A. wants B. hopes C. wishes D. promises
6. __________ singer and ___________ dancer is also good at drawing. A. The; a B. The; the C. A; a D. The; /
7. __________ the fact that there was thick fog, he drove his car out.
A. Although B. No matter C. Despite D. In spite
8. Mary smiled _____________ her mother did when she was Mary's age. A. as if B. what C. the way D. that
9. In such dry weather, the flower will have to be watered if they _____________.
A. have survived B. are to survive C. would survive D. will survive
10. You should make it a rule to leave things ______________ you can find them again easily.
A. when B. where C. that D. in the place
11. The cloth ___________ fine, but _____________ well.
A. looks; doesn't wash B. looks; isn't washed C. is looked; doesn't wash D. is looked; isn't washed
12. The theory that he stuck _____________ true.
A. to prove B. proved C. to proved D. to proving
13. I ___________ from the crowed an old friend of mine whom I hadn't seen for 10 years.
A. figured out B. picked out C. gave out D. went out
14. -Who gave you this message?
--A man ___________ himself Mr Zhang.
A. called B. calls C. is called D. calling
15. The police got to _______________ was once an old yard that the workers used as a store.
A. what B. where C. that D. which
16. The door ______________. Better have it repaired.
A. isn't shut B. hasn't been shut C. won't be shut D. won't shut
17. If you want to see a doctor, you'd better make an appointment with him. This is a common ___________ in the USA.
A. sense B. practice C. habit D. attitude
18. You can come to the dance ___________ you dress.
A. whatever B. whichever C. whether D. however
19. We got near a garden, ______________ owner sitting in it.
A. its B. whose C. that D. which
20. They lost their way in the forest and ______________ made matters worse was that night began to fall.
A. it B. that C. what D. which
21. If the horse won today, it ____________ 30 races in five years.
A. would have won B. won C. must have won D. has won
22. It is generally believed that teaching is __________ it is a science.
A. as art much as B. much an art as C. as an art much as D. as much an art as
23. Mr Black, _____________ who we all admire, is a kind but strict teacher.
A. the one B. one C. it D. as
24. The fine day ______________ our pleasure, we had a good time in the country.
A. added up B. added in C. added up to D. added to
25. -Do you know ____________ English for "辣妹"?
--I'm afraid not. I'm not interested in _______________ English language.
A. the; the B. the; / C. /; the D. /; /
26. I read about it in some book or other. Does it matter ____________ it was?
A. where B. what C. how D. which
27. You are saying that everyone should be equal, and this is _____________ I disagree.
A. why B. where C. what D. how
28. -Did Jack come back early last night?
--Yes, it was not yet eight o'clock ______________ he arrived home.
A. before B. when C. that D. until
29. Understanding the cultural habits of another nation, especially ____________ containing as many different subcultures as the united states, is very difficult.
A. one B. that C. some D. the one
30. The noise of the machine ____________ can be heard in our classroom.
A. fixed B. to be fixed C. being fixed D. having been fixed
31. There is ______________ what the weather will be like tomorrow.
A. no knowing B. not known C. not knowing D. no known
32. Words _____________ me when I wanted to express my thanks to him for having saved my son from the burning house.
A. left B. discouraged C. disappointed D. failed
33. Her sister has become a lawyer, ___________ she wants to be.
A. which B. who C. what D. that
34. It is often said that ______________ teachers have ____________ very easy life.
A. the; a B. /; / C. /; a D. the; /
35. This ____________ girl is Linda's cousin.
A. pretty little Spanish B. Spanish little pretty
C. Spanish pretty little D. little pretty Spanish
36. -You know, Bob is a little slow _____________ understanding, so…
--So I have to be patient _______________ him.
A. in; to B. on; with C. in; with D. at; for
37. I really can't understand ______________ her like that.
A. you treat B. you to treat C. why treat D. you treating
38. I send you 100 dollars today, the rest ____________ in a year.
A. follows B. followed C. to follow D. being followed
39. ____________ in the mountains for a week, the two students were finally saved by the local police.
A. Having lost B. Lost C. Being lost D. Losing
40. The manager, _____________ it clear to us that he didn't agree with us, left the meeting room.
A. who has made B. having made C. made D. Making
答案：BCDAD DCCBB ACBDA DBDAC ADBDA DBBAC ADACA CDCBB