|
|
难得惊奇 Advanced
|
|
9月21日
|
Fancy her saying such unkind things about you!
想想看,她竟然说出这些对你无情的话!
It surprises me that you, all men, should be so foolish.
你们这些男子汉如此愚蠢,真使我吃惊。
His failure did not cause much surprise.
他的失败未引起很大的惊奇。
I haven’t yet recovered from my astonishment.
我的惊骇还没有完全消失。
To my surprise, that family leads a cat and dog life(充满争吵的生活)。
令我惊奇的是,这个家庭过着争吵的生活。
Ada’s begun pretending she’s a millionaires. That really takes the biscuit(可笑;荒唐)。
艾达开始自命为女百万富翁,真是荒唐可笑。
The news came as a thunderbolt.
这消息犹如晴天霹雳。
John has windfall(意外获得钱财)。It surprises his wife greatly.
约翰意外获得一笔财富,使他夫人大吃一惊。
As strange as it may sound, Joe’s just been promoted Manager.
听起来很怪,乔刚被提升为经理。
It may surprise you, but Sue refused to marry Joe.
你可能不信,苏拒绝和乔结婚。
You may find this hard to believe, but I’ve won first prize.
你也许不大相信这事儿,但我获得了一等奖。
Between astonishment and despair she hardly knew what to do.
惊骇与绝望的双重打击下,她简直不知怎么办。
…but Philip! I can hardly believe it how on earth did you manage to escape?
……但是,菲力普,我几乎不信,你究竟怎样设法逃脱的呢?
I can’t believe you. I mean, how in the world did he pay off all the debts?
我不信你的话。我是说,他究竟怎样还清债务的呢?
Are you sure? I’m very surprised that she could go for a walk in a dark wood.你肯定吗?我非常奇怪她会在黑暗的树林中散步。
|
| |
|
 |