|
|
巧妙建议 Advanced
|
|
9月3日
|
You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
你很难使因循守旧的人接受新事物。
Why don’t you take a leaf out of John’s book (效仿榜样)and study hard?
你为什么不把约翰作为榜样,努力学习吧?
You’d better put on some dog(自命不凡)if you want them to consider you for the job as manager.
假如你要他们考虑你出行经理,那么你最好摆出架子来。
He put forward some suggestions at the meeting, but they set little store on his opinions.
他在会上提出了一些建议,可他们根本不重视他的意见。
Do you see any advantage of accepting it?
您看接受它有什么有利条件吗?
Have you got any comments on this program?
您对这项目有何评论?
I’d be grateful to have your view on the event.
我很高兴听听您对这次事件的见解。
What would you say to sharing your bedroom with a stranger?
和一位陌生人同住一间寝室您会有什么看法?
It seems to me (that) they can earn extra money by giving private lessons.
看来他们可以靠私人授课挣得额外收入。
Well, I must say television’s just a passive way of letting off steam.
噢,我得说电视只是消耗精力的一种消极方式。
What’s really happening is (that)a silly question often gets a silly answer.
实际的情况是一个愚蠢的问题往往得到一个愚蠢的回答。
From where I stand, it is easier to understand a foreign language than to speak it.
从我的立场看,理解外语要比讲外语容易些。
From my point of view, teachers are not well paid, but they have long holidays.
依我看,虽然教师们薪水不高,但他们有很长的假期。
I’m of the opinion (that) better roads would decrease the accident rate.
我的意见是,道路好一点可以降低事做发生率。
It’s my considered opinion (that) industry’s making us wealthier.
我经过深思熟虑的意见是,工业正使我们越来越富裕。
It’s my feeling (that) inflation is a great threat to living standards.
我的看法是,通货膨胀是对生活水平的一大威胁。
Hey! I’ve got this terrific idea. Can we phone him now?
唉!我有个主意。我们可以给他找电话吗?
Listen! This’d be great. Let’s find a local paper.
听看!这样做可就好了。我们去找一张当地的报纸。
Well, why don’t we look for a small flat of our own?
嗯,为什么我们不去找一间小点儿的自己用的公寓呢?
If I might make a suggestion here, we could look at the advertisements.
如果我提个建议的话,我们可以去看一看广告。
How does the idea of going there in the morning sound to you?
早上去那里对你合适吗?
Have you ever thought of asking at the university accommodation’s office?
你是否想过问一问大学住宿科?
I hope you don’t mind, but would it be at all possible for me to have my meals a little earlier?
我希望你不介意,我是否可以早点儿吃饭呢? |
| |
|
 |