12.hold back 阻碍，阻止
hold down 控制，镇压
hold on 别挂（电话）， 支持下去
hold out 维持，坚持
(87) Hearing the news, she couldnt ______ her tears coming down her cheeks.
(88) _____, please. I heard a pleasant voice on the phone.
(89) These measures helped to _____ the citys population.
(90) The water wont _____ much longer.
13. keep off 防止，挡住
keep on 继续干
keep up with 赶上，不落在后面
keep (sth./sb.)out 不使进入
keep in touch with和保持联系
keep ones word 守信，遵守诺言
(91) You should study hard if you want to ________ others.
(92) We had to think of a way to _______ the rain.
(93) It was raining, but they ______till the work was finished.
(94) The Chinese people always_________
(95) The rain _____for several days.
(96) We have ____ each other after graduation.
(97) Dont ______ me _____ in the cold. Let me in
14.know about 了解，知道的情况
know from 区分
know of 听说过，知道（有）
be known as 被称为，是有名的
be known for 因而出名
be known to all 众所周知
(98) It happened that I _______ him.