Street ball is a city game. People play it on playgrounds (操场) or in gyms (体育馆) around the world.
The number of players in a game may be only 2 players, and it is called one-to-one. Sometimes there are also two teams, and each team has five players. It is easy for you to join a street ball game. Usually only one side of the court is used in the street ball, so this game doesn’t need much place. But the rules of the game are almost the same as other basketball games.
Street ball is a very popular game in the world, and it is very popular with the young. Some cities in the United States even have street ball programs on TV. It is said that this is a good way for young people to keep away from troubles such as crime and drugs (毒品).
( )66. How many players are there in a team?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Five. D. Ten.
( )67. It’s ________ for anyone to join a street ball game.
A. easy B. difficult C. boring D. different
( )68. What does the underlined word “court” mean in Chinese?
A. 计分器 B. 场地 C. 价值 D. 运动员
( )69. Why do people say the street ball game is good for the young?
A. It’s popular. B. It can be played by two people.
C. It can make them strong. D. It can keep them from some troubles.
( )70. What can you learn from the passage?
A. The street ball game is different from the basketball game in rules.
B. The street ball game is only for good players.
C. The street ball is very popular with young people.
D. Many programs are made on TV to show the street ball game all over the world.
71. Please a______ more salt into the soup.
72. Cook the meat at a very high t___________ for ten minuets.
73. They tried to make popcorn with the m_________ at home.
74. The man wanted to d____________ a hole in the ground to plant the tree.
75. Mr. Green plant a lot of c_______ on his farm.
76. I need a box of _______ (黄油) to made the birthday cake.
77. This ________ (西瓜) is bigger than that one.
78. When _______ (秋天) comes, you need to put on more clothes.
79. The store serves ____________ (奶酪) and milk.
80. There was only one ________ (游客) in the park. How strange (奇怪)!
four inside mix piece plate
Thanksgiving Day is important for most Americans. It’s always on the 81. _______ Thursday in November. The traditional food for it is always turkey. Do you know how to make a turkey dinner?
First, cut up the bread and onions and 82. _______ them together with salt and pepper.
Next, put the mix 83. _______ the turkey.
Then, cook the turkey in a hot oven for a long time.
When it is OK, place the turkey on a large 84. _______ and cover it with gravy(肉汁).
Finally, cut it into 85. _______ and serve it to your family or friends.
One day, 7-year-old Sarah watched her mother roasting (烤) a piece of beef sirloin (里脊). She cut off the ends, wrapped (捆) it, cooked it and finally it was OK. Then she covered it with gravy.
When Mom served it to Sarah, Sarah asked, “Why did you cut off the ends of the roast, Mom? Is it a traditional way of cooking?” Mom answered, after thinking for a minute, that it was the way that her mother cooked it.
That night Grandma came to dinner. Sarah and her mother asked why she cut the end off of the roast before cooking. After thinking, Grandma said she cooked the meat the way as her mother did.
Great-grandma was quite old and lived in a residential nursing home (养老院) in England. One day, Sarah, her mom and grandma went to visit her and again asked the same question.
Great-grandma was a little surprised. She looked at them and said, “So it would fit in (适合) the roasting plate, of course.”
86. How much beef sirloin did Sarah’s mother roast?
87. What did Sarah’s mother put on the beef sirloin at last?
88. Who taught Sarah’s mother to cook the beef sirloin in this way?
89. Did Sarah’s grandma know why she cut the ends of the beef sirloin off before cooking?
90. Which country does Sarah’s great-grandma live?
1. Where is your hometown?
2. What is the special food there?
3. How to make it?
二、31-35 CBADA 36-40 DCABA 41-45 ADCBC
三、46-50 CADBC 51-55 ACDBA
四、56-60 ACBCD 61-65 CADCB 66-70 CABDC
五、71. add 72. temperature 73. machine 74. dig 75. corn
76. butter 77. watermelon 78. autumn 79. cheese 80. traveler
六、81. fourth 82. mix 83. inside 84. plate 85. pieces
七、86. A piece. 87. Some gravy. 88. Her mother. 89. No, she didn’t. 90. England.
I come from Sichuan, a province which is famous for its spicy and delicious hot pot. I’m very happy to tell you how to make a hot pot at home. To make the hot pot, you need to buy the hot pot soup, some mutton and beef pieces, some vegetables and other foods you like from the supermarket. First, boil the hot pot soup. Next, wash the vegetables and put them on plates. Then, put the meat pieces and vegetables into the pot when the soup is boiled. Make sure that all the foods are boiled completely in the pot. Finally, get your favorite food from the pot and enjoy it!