(Ⅰ)录音中有五个句子, 听一遍后, 选择与其相符的图片。(5分)
(Ⅱ)录音中有五组对话和五个问题, 听一遍后, 选择最佳答案。(5分)
6. A. Tea and coffee. B. Tea with milk.
7. A. No, he can’t. B. Yes, he can.
C. We’re not sure.
8. A. Chinese. B. English. C. Math.
9. A. It was too long. B. It was great.
C. It was boring.
10. A. To the teahouse. B. To the cinema.
C. To the concert.
(Ⅲ)录音中有一段对话及五个问题, 听两遍后, 选择最佳答案。(5分)
11. A. Sunday. B. Saturday. C. Monday.
12. A. By car. B. By bike. C. On foot.
13. A. About one kilometer.
B. About two kilometers.
C. About three kilometers.
14. A. She hurt her left leg.
B. She hurt her right leg.
C. She hurt her left arm.
15. A. 12: 45. B. 12: 15. C. 2: 15.
(Ⅳ)录音中有一篇短文, 听两遍后, 判断正误(T/F)。(5分)
( )16. Wang Li began to learn English before she came to No. 4 Middle School.
( )17. At first Wang Li thought it interesting to learn English.
( )18. Sun Ting works hard to learn English because it’s interesting.
( )19. Sun Ting is afraid of making mistakes.
( )20. From the passage we know the best way to learn English is to use it.
1. —What ______ can you give me on learning English?
—I think you can join an English club.
A. advice B. news
C. messages D. information
2. You ______ drive your car so fast. It’s very dangerous.
A. wouldn’t B. shouldn’t
C. couldn’t D. mightn’t
3. Be quick! The game will begin ______ .
A. immediately B. recently
C. carefully D. luckily
4. Mr Wang is strongly ______ keeping animals in the zoo, because he thinks animals should also enjoy freedom.
A. up B. for C. against D. down
5. She has ______ picture that no one could keep their eyes off it.
A. so a beautiful B. such a beautiful
C. so beautiful D. such beautiful
6. —Is Tina an outgoing girl?
—No, she’s kind of ______ . Her face always turns red when she speaks in public.
A. shy B. active C. relaxed D. funny
7. It’s very brave ______ you ______ the boy from the accident.
A. for; saving B. for; to save
C. of; to save D. of; saving
8. — ______ the population of China?
— ______ over 1, 300, 000, 000.
A. How many are; They are
B. How’s; It’s
C. What’s; It’s
D. How much is; It’s
9.You must be very tired. Why not ______ a rest?
A. to stop to have B. to stop having
C. stop to have D. stop having
10. —“Food Safety”has become one of the hottest topics recently.
—Yeah, it receives ______ Internet hits(点击)a day.
A. thousands B. thousand of
C. thousands of D. ten thousands
11. —Must I hand in my homework now?
—No, you ______ . You can do it tomorrow.
A. mustn’t B. don’t have to
C. shouldn’t D. can’t
12. I can’t understand the novel well ______ there are no new words in it.
A. although B. because
C. if D. so
13. It’s said that ______ of the water around the world ______ polluted.
A. two third; has B. two thirds; have
C. two third; are D. two thirds; is
14. The number of the giant pandas is getting ______ because there are ______ living areas for wildlife.
A. fewer and fewer; less and less
B. fewer and fewer; smaller and smaller
C. smaller and smaller; fewer and fewer
D. smaller and smaller; less and less
15. —What bad weather! It’s raining heavily!
— ______ ! We can not go climbing today.
A. Perfect B. Bad luck
C. What a surprise D. Sorry
The giant panda is one of 1 in the world. A giant panda can grow up to 1. 5 meters long and weigh up to 160 kg. People think the giant panda is very lovely. So it is not surprising that the World Wide Fund for Nature 2 the giant panda as its symbol. The WWF tells people about animals that they are in danger and raises money 3 them. 【 】
The giant panda only lives in the wild in China. 4 the early 1980s, there 5 only 1, 000 left in the wild. The main reason why pandas are endangered is that the area where pandas can live has become smaller.
The WWF works to help giant pandas in the wild in many ways. One of the ways that help them is to increase the size of 6 reserves(保护区). Some reserves need to be joined by 7 bamboo between them to make“hallways”. These are paths that lead pandas from one reserve to 8 . No one may harm the pandas in these areas. The“hallways”let pandas 9 from one reserve to another to look for food. People 10 very hard to make sure the giant panda does not die out.
1. A. the most popular animal
B. the most popular animals
C. more popular animals
D. more popular animal
2. A. choosed B. chose C. chosen D. choose
3. A. to save B. saving C. saved D. for save
4. A. For B. At C. On D. In
5. A. are B. were C. is D. had
6. A. panda B. pandas C. animals D. lion
7. A. plant B. planted C. planting D. plants
8. A. other B. the other
C. another D. any
9. A. moves B. moving C. moved D. move
10. A. works B. are working
C. worked D. working
Living in a foreign culture can be exciting, but it can also be confusing(令人迷惑的). A group of Americans who taught English in other countries recently discussed their experiences. They decided that miscommunications were always possible, even over something as simple as“yes”and“no”.
On her first day in Micronesia, an island in the Pacific, Lisa thought people weren’t paying any attention to her. The day was hot. She went into a store and asked, “Do you have cold drinks? ”The woman there didn’t say anything. Lisa repeated the question. Still the woman said nothing. She later learned that the woman had answered her: She had raised her eyebrows(眉毛), which in Micronesia means“yes”.
Jan remembered an experience she had in Bulgaria, a country in Europe. She went to a restaurant that was known for its cabbage. She asked the waiter, “Do you have cabbage today? ”He nodded his head. Jan waited, but the cabbage never came. In that country, a nod means“no”. 【 】
Tom had a similar problem when he arrived in India. After explaining something in class, he asked his students if they understood. They answered with many different nods and shakes of the head. He thought some people had not understood, so he explained again. When he asked again, they did the same thing. He soon found out that his students did understand. In India, people nod and shake their heads in different ways depending on where they come from. You have to know where a person is from to understand whether they mean“yes”or“no”.
1. These Americans teaching English in other countries found that they ______ .
A. should go abroad for vacations
B. needed to learn foreign languages
C. should often discuss their experiences
D. had problems with communications
2. People in Micronesia show“yes”by ______ .
A. nodding heads B. raising eyebrows
C. shaking heads D. saying“no”
3. Tom misunderstood his class at first because ______ .
A. he did not know much about Indian culture
B. he didn’t explain everything clearly enough
C. some students didn’t understand his questions
D. he didn’t know where the students came from
4. Which of the following is TRUE according to(根据)this passage?
A. In Bulgaria, nodding heads means no.
B. Jan taught English on a Pacific island.
C. Lisa was trying to buy some cabbage.
D. In India, only shaking heads means“yes”.
5. The passage is mainly about ______ .
A. body language in foreign restaurants
B. class discussion in Indian schools
C. miscommunication in different cultures
D. English teaching in other countries
Soap operas from South Korea have been popular in China for more than twenty years now. So it is not the first time for the soap operas made in China to feel less popular. But this time, they are facing more difficulties, for The Heirs(继承者们)and My Love From the Star really made a full success, which even attracted some top officials.
A senior official said he sometimes watched soap operas from South Korea, as well as House of Cards, an American opera about politics. These operas made both in South Korea and in America have a lot of lovers in China.
Many people agree that China’s soap operas can’t be much loved by most Chinese, because they are not as interesting and exciting as those operas from South Korea and America, such as My Love From the Star, a South Korean love story between a time-traveling professor and a famous movie star.
However, South Korea not only provides soap operas but also some variety shows(综艺节目). Where Are We Going, Dad? is not an original Chinese show. We learned it from South Korea although not many in China are aware(意识到)of that fact.
Actually, China has a closer culture with South Korea. Shows from this neighbor seem to do better with their exciting stories on the Cinderella theme(灰姑娘主题). Yet they have created many popular shows whose stories tell there’s no difference between men and women even though in their country men are certain to play a more important role.
6. When might soap operas from South Korea become popular in China?
A. 1991. B. 1971. C. 2010. D. 2001.
7. Most people in China like watching shows made in ______ .
A. Europe B. China
C. South Korea D. Japan
8. The soap operas made in China are not as popular as those in South Korea or America, because ______ .
A. senior officials don’t allow us to watch them
B. they are not very interesting and exciting
C. Chinese people are more interested in politics
D. they were only made twenty years ago
9. According to the passage, we can know Where Are We Going, Dad? is ______ .
A. more popular than My Love From the Star
B. loved by a lot of South Koreans
C. about the love between a professor and a star
D. originally from South Korea
10. What does the underlined phrase “play a more important role”mean?
A. There’s no difference between women and men.
B. Men like soap operas better than women.
C. Women don’t like the parts played by men.
D. Men are believed to support the families and society more.
Teenagers can’t afford to buy expensive gifts. So what do you do if you want to give gifts to the important people in your life? In fact, you don’t have to spend much money on holiday gifts. There are many cheap ways to do that.
Here are some make-it-yourself gifts ideas to try:
To your mom and dad:
You can clean the room, sing a song or write a letter to your mom and dad. You could also draw a picture if you like that.
To your teachers:
Sometimes students put their pocket money together and buy a teacher a holiday gift. Some kids would like to give their own gifts. You can send a nice card with the words of thanks inside. You might even write down the favorite things you’ve learned in the teacher’s class this year. It will make the teacher feel happy.
To the kids who need a friend:
The holidays are a good time to think about people who are lonely. Maybe there is someone in your class who doesn’t seem to have any friends. Try to do something for this person. It could be giving a Christmas card or just chatting with him or her. It’s a small thing, but it could mean a lot to him or her. 【来源： 】
11. According to the passage, teenagers don’t have to ______ their parents as a gift.
A. sing a song to B. draw a picture for
C. write a letter to D. buy an expensive gift for
12. If you want to send your teacher a card, what will you write in it?
A. Ways to improve your grades.
B. The names of the students you don’t like.
C. Something you’ve learned in the teacher’s class.
D. The importance of making nice gifts by yourself.
13. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. You should spend much money buying gifts for your teacher.
B. Chatting with a classmate who has few friends is also a good holiday gift.
C. A small gift during holidays may mean a lot to someone who feels lonely.
D. Sometimes students put their pocket money together to buy a teacher a gift.
14. You might see this passage in a(n) ______ .
A. notice B. science book
C. school newspaper D. advertisement
15. What’s the best title for the passage?
A. Making Friends by Giving Gifts
B. Making Holiday Gifts by Yourself
C. How to Save Money During Holiday
D. How to Choose Gifts for Different People
Long ago, a prince(王子)wanted to marry a real princess(公主), so he travelled around the world to find her. But he went back sadly.
One evening when a big rain came, there was a knock on the door. The old queen opened the door, and found a beautiful girl was standing in front of the gate. Water was running down from her hair and clothes. She said that she was a real princess.
The old queen asked her to come in. She put a pea(豌豆)on the bed, and then put twenty mattresses(床垫)on it. Then she asked the princess to sleep on this bed.
The next morning, the queen asked the princess, “Did you spend a good night? ”
“Well, ”said she. “I didn’t close my eyes all night. I felt I was lying on something hard. ”
Now they knew that she was a real princess because she felt the pea through the twenty mattresses. The prince married her, and they lived a happy life together.
16. What was the weather like when the princess came that night?
A. It was fine. B. It was snowy.
C. It was rainy. D. It was windy.
17. How was the princess’sleep that night?
A. Relaxing. B. Long.
C. Good. D. Bad.
18. How could they know that the girl was a real princess? 版权所有
A. She liked to eat anything even peas.
B. She could feel a pea through twenty mattresses.
C. She could make twenty mattresses during one night.
D. She could know the weather.
19. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. The story happened at the princess’house.
B. The prince finally married the real princess.
C. The prince and the princess were good friends.
D. The queen didn’t like the princess at all.
20. Where can we find this story?
A. In a history book. B. In a game book.
C. In a storybook. D. In a maths book.
World Music Day is a music festival. It’s on June 21st every year.
In 1976, an American musician, Joel Cohen, suggested the idea of an all-night music celebration. He wanted the festival to happen on the longest day of the year. The idea was adopted(采纳)by French Music and Dance director Maurice Fleuret in 1981 and first took place in 1982 in France. Then the idea quickly spread to over one hundred cities around the world. The idea behind World Music Day is to promote(推广)music. This happens in two different ways. People play their music and perform in the streets. The second way is to hold free concerts.
Many of us can not live without music. World Music Day is more than just a festival. It’s also a meeting place and a good time to put the music from each country together. The festival is popular with people in the world, and more and more people join in it.
1. When is World Music Day?
2. What was Joel Cohen?
3. In which year did people first celebrate World Music Day?
4. How many times did the festival be held?
5. What are the two ways of promoting music?
1. The movie is b_________. I don’t like it.
2. It’s a p_________ to miss the basketball game.
3. Many animals are in d_________ now. We must protect them.
4. Mr Green is s_________ and never tells jokes.
5. His carelessness c_________ the accident.
I want to go to the cinema with my classmates tonight. Do you_______ _______me?
China is_______ _______ the Great Wall.
3. 为了确保他的信息正确, 他反复核对。
To_______ _______ his information is right, he checked it again and again.
Most of the people_______ _______ _______the food safety.
Pandas eat_______ _______bamboo every day.